Learn more about how we celebrate life.Learn More
Give to Hospice
Thank you for supporting end-of-life care.Donate Now
Learn about upcoming educational opportunities, support groups, events, and fundraisers.Calendar
“If you can hold a gentle hand, be a good listener, and consider such a small happening as a smile, a reward, then you should contact the Hospice of Wake County office and request Volunteer information. We need you to be an important part of our team of Volunteers.”
- "Hospice provided services to my loved one. It was like a weight lifted off my shoulders and I want to be able to support others as I was supported."
- "I have known about hospice for a long time. I believe in what you do and want to be a part of it."
- "It is important for me to be involved in something that adds meaning to my life."
- "I have been fortunate in my life and I want to be able to give away some of the blessings that I have received."
- "I have more free time in my life right now and I want to do something meaningful with that time."
- "I like being with people, helping people, giving to people and believe that I have compassion to offer others."
- "I don’t want anyone to be alone when they or their loved one are dying."
- "I don’t think that I would be comfortable working directly with someone who is dying but I have a lot of other skills to offer. I’ll do whatever you need."
Do any of these statements sound familiar to you? These are some of the many reasons that people volunteer with Hospice of Wake County. Our goal is to match each prospective volunteer with an opportunity that reflects their interests and skills.
How to Become a Volunteer
Interviews and training for volunteer positions are offered frequently. If you need information not found on this website, email our Volunteer Services Department or call 919.828.0890. Or, if you're ready to apply to become a volunteer, complete the application and return it to the Volunteer Services Department by emailing or by mailing to 250 Hospice Circle, Raleigh, NC 27607.
See the Calendar of Events for Hospice of Wake County and Hospice of Harnett County.